The Opal Man - Terms and Conditions
Repairs, Appraisals and Custom Work Taken In
- This store, including its employees, accepts no responsibility for condition or identification of jewelry or stones upon receipt. Items are submitted to this store for repair, appraisals, or custom work only, and this store will not act as an insurer of the items submitted.
- Responsibility for loss, theft, or damage is accepted by this store only when due to their negligence. Any damage or loss due to this store's negligence will be limited to the cost to repair or replace the items at average wholesale value, not to exceed the value declared. Should no value be listed, it will be assumed the value is less than $75.00.
- The Opal Man will not be held responsible for mis-identified or altered gemstones left for repair or custom design or appraisal. This includes, but is not limited to, false stampings on metal goods which may be mismarked. We will not be held responsible for any items left for more than 60 days.
- Customers' stones and gems are set, polished, and repaired at customer's risk. Opals and other stones can be stressed and damaged when set, cut, polished or otherwise worked on. Please inquire for details.
Refund and Exchange Policy
- For Internet Purchases: The Opal Man allows an approval period of 5 days from date of delivery of items purchased from the website. This approval period is for customers who have not seen the item in person prior to purchase. Returned items must be post marked within 5 days of date of delivery.
- The Opal Man will accept merchandise for exchange or credit within 30 days of purchase.
- Merchandise must be in original condition and accompanied by the original sales receipt.
- Return shipping is at the customer's expense and risk.
- The Opal Man does not offer refunds on custom work, special orders, or altered merchandise.
- 30% down payment.
- Balance can be paid in as many as 180 days as long as regular payments are being made.
- Layaways cancelled after 30 days will be charged 15% of the purchase price for restocking.
- Custom designed jewelry involves metals, gems, and labor furnished by The Opal Man for a specific client. As such, all custom jewelry is non-refundable and requires a 50% deposit before the work begins.
- Every effort will be made by The Opal Man to accurately manufacture or produce the item(s) ordered.
- Full payment will denote the client's complete satisfaction.
- The Opal Man ships to U.S.A. addresses only.
- Items will be shipped only to the address specified during checkout.
- All packages are fully insured when mailed.
- USPS Priority Mail is The Opal Man's primary shipping service. Items over $1000 ship USPS Priority Express.
- For security reasons, tracking numbers are not generally provided. Please expect delivery within 3 to 5 days.
- Signature is required for delivery of most items.
Resizing New Rings
- If the ring you would like is not your size, it may be possible to resize it. Every ring is different, so please call with questions.
- If you don't know your ring size, your local jeweler should be able to help you.
- The Opal Man can resize most rings in 1/4 sizes (for example: 7, 7.25, 7.5, 7.75, 8, etc.)
- Cost of Resizing: Band width, band complexity, and the degree of resizing are things that will influence service fees. With some exceptions, many gold rings, when purchased new from The Opal Man, can be resized at no additional fee. Resizing silver rings, however, will incur a minimum service fee of $65.
- Please call with questions.